Wednesday, August 29, 2012

11 Markets Later...

Its official.  After 11 Friday's at the farmer's market I decided, I need to blog.  So here I am.

This summer season, lots has happened.   I have been so busy looking into what people eat, and that includes where the food comes from.  Yes, by this I mean farming.  I have explored many farms throughout Michigan, and have brought all of my knowledge back to Saugatuck to share with the community.  Eater's Guild Farm, Lubber's Family Farm, and the Student Run Organic Farm at Michigan State University are the three most recent I have been to.  Given the opportunity to visit these farms really opened my eyes.  If you ever have the chance to come to one of these farms...GO!  I learned so much, that I am still trying to comprehend all of the information.  Since, those experiences I have really been working on my products to share my knowledge with everyone around me.  Also, I went to my very first Farm-to-Table dinner at Grassfields Cheese.

Now, to what's new in the business.  We have started a new line of peanut butter. Including peanut & honey, peanut & caramel, peanut & berries, and peanut & cocoa.  They are DE-LI-COUS!  It all starts with a homemade peanut butter with local honey and then we add combinations.  Such as a homemade caramel, chocolate ganache, and a seasonal jam.  This season we have had raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, and most recently concord grape.  Also, we have really kicked off on the Cakes.  Lemon has been flying out the door like crazy.  This season has really been great!  Although, produce was limited to the drought Michigan has been going through, we have managed to make the best of it and still are.  A special thanks to all of the farmers!

Last but not least, our season at the market has ended but we are still opened from custom orders.  Here are a few photos to see what we have been up to.  Enjoy!




Grassfields Cheese Farm


Grassfields Cheese Farm-to-Table Dinner


Grassfields "Cheese"


The One-of-a-Kind Chocolate Cake


The 1-2-3-4 Lemon Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment