Friday, January 18, 2013

Embracing the New Year

Welcome to the 2013!  To start off the first post of the new year, I would just like to say: thank you for being patient.  A lot has happened in our kitchen in the past few months, so I have some catching up to do.  Let's rewind.

Back in December, Cake and Pie was definitely covered on the menu; beginning in November, during Thanksgiving and continuing all the way up to now.  Of course, we had our classics: apple pie, pumpkin pie, and chocolate cake.  Then, we decided to step it up.  We created a Peach Blueberry Skillet Pie for Thanksgiving, and a Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Cake for Christmas, and much more.  Simply breathtaking.  

A few weeks went by of bliss, what I like to call winter break.  This gave me a chance to think of what I would like to do in the new year.  What I would like to improve, embark upon, and produce.  So, my first idea for the new year was to whip up a luscious Strawberry Shortcake; making a wonderful Saturday morning brunch.  We're just getting started.  There's much more to come!


 Wild Peach Blueberry Skillet Pie


 Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Cake


Scrumptious Sugar-and-Spice Biscuit


The Lovely Strawberry Shortcake








2 comments: