Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cherry Cobbler, Cherry Pie, Oh My!

Best thing to do in Fennville today is to go to Crane's Orchard and pick some delicious red cherries.  This was my first time going picking this season.  It was quite and experience.  I ended up going for only 15 minutes, which happened to be long enough, but that my was time limit until my ride was going to arrive.  My ride was my mom and happened to show up late.  So I decided to do the best thing I could think of that whole day.  When life gives you cherry trees, eat all of the cherries!  Which is just stating the given but that was my only source of food at the moment for lunch.  I took one of the stool ladders that they have out in the orchard and climbed it until I got to the top of the tree, where my head would be hidden, and ate all the cherries I could in 15 minutes.  Crane's Orchard really does have the best cherries.  I ate about 1 pound of cherries, maybe even more, that's enough to make a cherry cobbler.  Well, I better go and get started on my cherry pie considering I ate all of my cherry cobbler cherries.  Stay in touch to hear all about our recent green market!

No comments:

Post a Comment