Friday, July 8, 2011

Extra, extra, read all about it...


Third farmers market, and by far the worst one I have had.  Although, things did not go exactly as planned it was a learning curve.  I also learned, never get your booth next to the hand popped kettle corn at the farmers market...it only leads to you smelling like popcorn and losing all of your respect for popcorn itself.  Even if that is the only booth left, just say no.   

Some of the pros today were that our Chocolate Mousse Mini-Cakes with berries was quite popular, but did not reach our goal of selling out of all 29 of them.   But on the bright side, the more for me!  I ending up taking them to the sailing yacht club (where my brothers sail) were there happened to be a regatta going on and there was going to be a barbecue  afterwards.  These mini-cakes were a HUGE hit!  They were all gone before I even got to have one!  

Lesson learned was that you must come prepared to sell, but also not to sell.  Also, to bring comfy chairs to the farmers market because you will be sitting in them for too long if you are a vender.  At the end of the day, even if I did only make 32 dollars that I could of made working at Starbucks, I do love baking and I hope to continue.  Except, I am going to be changing venues hopefully to the Kalamazoo market going on every Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment